Squiz (nee. MySource Matrix) is an Open Source content management system which was independently rated by Gartner http://www.gartner.com/ as one of the most advanced content management systems in the world.
The system is easy to use and highly functional, offering everything you would expect from a CMS being used by some of the world's leading companies and Government bodies.
Squiz Matrix includes:
* An advanced What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editing interface for use by people with little or no web training
* Flexible workflow (with the ability to create as many steps as are required)
* Flexible permissions structure for distributed authoring and system management
* Full audit trails
* Transparent versioning and full system roll back
* Flexible metadata
* Standards compliance (capable of publishing web accessible sites up to Priority AAA)
* Separation of design from content
* Asset based structure for easy content re-use
The system is browser-based (in other words, all editing interfaces may be operated through a Java enabled web browser without installing additional software on your machine).
Squiz Matrix is written in PHP and uses the PEAR database abstraction layer to manage database communication. Commercial implementations of Squiz Matrix currently use PostgreSQL and Oracle, however using an abstraction layer means it is possible to add support for many other databases including Microsoft SQL Server, Sybase and ODBC connections.
Over half the Universities in Australia and New Zealand as well as many in the UK use the system. Also Government and large corporates in Australia, New Zealand and the UK.
Disclaimer: All information on this site is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. Neither the listing maintainers nor Plain Black Corporation shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints and shall be held totally harmless. We welcome feedback about errors in the data on this site.
Assignment: Any user that chooses to submit information to our site agrees to automatically license the rights to the submitted information to Plain Black Corporation for whatever purpose Plain Black Corporation deems necessary. All copyrights and other rights are retained by the owner of the original work.